Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Customizing list views without access to system folder

Asked By: Thaddeus    Date: May 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 908

I have a list with a little more than a dozen items in it that contains project info for a development project. Each project has its own web part page and I’ve added this list to the page, with filtering set to choose only the correct list item for that project.

I used FrontPage 2003 to set the style for the list view to “Boxed” and this basically gets me what I need, with a table containing the field names on the left and the item values on the right. The problem is that the table fields are too narrow, so the field names and data items get broken into several lines, which makes it harder to read and it takes up more space.

I know that custom list views can be created with CAML, but from what I’ve seen, it looks like you need access to the root SharePoint files to do this. I am using WSS on a hosted environment and I don’t have access to any of the shared common files.

Is there something I can do to customize the appearance of the list without needing access to the root files? All I really need to do is change the width of the table columns so that display of items is not broken into several lines.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Customizing list views without access to system folder Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: