Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Customizing the BDC Business Data List

Asked By: Tracey    Date: Nov 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1478

I am using the BDC with MS SQL 2005 and i was able to retrieve all the data from there into my site through BDC data list web part. Also I am using SSO to login to the SQL .

the Application Definition file I have created includes actions , and I’m wondering how

to move the actions from the items drop down list to the action menu for the business data list , further more

is there any way to customize the data list web part so I can treat it as a custom SharePoint list or a document library( so we can use the actions for the lists and the document library like alert me , view RSS feed , workflow ,edit in excel sheet...etc) .and I’m wondering what are the limitations for data list web part customization??

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gina Freeman     Answered On: Nov 13

if your action has no parameter defined, it will show up for the list  and not for each individual item. And if you make your BDC definition searchable, you can use a custom search as RSS provider.
With a custom Webpart, you could export the content to Excel. But a workflow for BDC data? You should take a look at SQL triggers or some other mechanism for SQL, because the BDC is for viewing data

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Customizing the BDC Business Data List Or get search suggestion and latest updates.