Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Customize Report Viewer Web Part Toolbar

Asked By: Carmen    Date: Jan 20    Category: MOSS    Views: 3746

SSRS 2k8 in Sharepoint integrated mode, Sharepoint Services 3.0

The documentation I've found, technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326214.aspx seems to imply you can customize the report viewer toolbar to hide the Search or Zoom functions or Print from the Action dropdown, etc.... Which is exactly what I want to do - remove the Search and removing the Print Action. Unfortunately I cannot find a way to do this. The article lists,
On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings .
Under Galleries, click Web parts .
Click ReportViewer.dwp .
Open the tool pane and set the properties you want to use.
When I do this the ReportViewer.dwp just opens in a preview mode with no option to open the tool pane.

Further down in the document they say, "you can hide by setting properties on the toolbar." - Great but I can find no way to access the properties for the toolbar!

Maybe its a MOSS vs Sharepoint Services thing but I've looked everywhere for some documentation but am stumped!

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Shelton Dickson     Answered On: Jan 20

I think I've answered most of my own question and I found  these configuration steps are identical to making the changes for an RS Native mode  installation. I guess I was hopeful after reading the documenation there would be a better way to accomplish the changes. This may be different for those running MOSS - as this pertains to Sharepoint Services 3.0.

My main goal was to change the list of Export filetypes and remove  the ActiveX Print Control.

Modify the List of Export File Types

Directly modify the rsreportserver.config file located on the RS server in the Drive \MSRS10_Instancename \Reporting Services\ReportServer folder. The drive\folder you set  during initial installation of report  Services so it will vary.

Find the section for <Render> and locate the <Extension Name=….> you want to modify and add Visible=”false” within the />

Removing the Print Control

Fire-up SSMS and select connect to Report Server – in RS-SQL2008 you access  some settings  via SSMS – and to connect you enter the full URL to the RS reportserver,
http://your.report.server/reportserver

Once connected in SSMS you’ll see the server name and under that Jobs/Security/Shared Schedules. Mouse over the server name and rt-click for the popup menu  and select Properties. Bingo! – you’ll see the “Enable Client Printing” checkbox towards the bottom of the General Settings...Check or Uncheck.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Customize Report Viewer Web Part Toolbar Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: