Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

CssClass Property not Rendered on a RichHtmlField Control

Asked By: Kris    Date: Apr 23    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3116

Am I doing something wrong here? I specify a class for the CssClass property on the RichHtmlField control, but all that's rendered is style="display:inline", which is actually very undesirable in my case. This normally wouldn't be a big deal, as you'd think I could override that div by applying a style to all the div's in a parent container, but that has a horrible affect in edit mode where there an many other DIV tags present and messes with the editing controls.

Here's what my control in the page layout looks like:

<PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField ID="RichHtmlField2" FieldName="MainContent1" runat="server" CssClass="htmlField"/>

and here's what's rendered:

<div id="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_RichHtmlField2__ControlWrapper_RichHtmlField" style="display:inline"></div>

Where's my "htmlField" class? You can't specifiy a class property directly either as that throws an error. And I don't want to wrap div tags around each control as those will still be rendered when not conten is put in the control. Any other ideas/workarounds?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Hema Pasupuleti     Answered On: Apr 23

Adding class="test" doesn't work so hot, throws  an error. Also, as you have pointed out, you could place a <div class="test"></div> around the field control  and then style  the div  inside of it. You could also correct your edit  mode problem by cancelling out that style with some CSS that only appears in edit mode  with <PublishingWebControls:EditModePanel>.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on CssClass Property not Rendered on a RichHtmlField Control Or get search suggestion and latest updates.