Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Cross site groups

Asked By: Ronald    Date: Jan 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1166

I have a strange problem with cross site groups – actually two problems.

I have a cross site group called “SCMT Reviewers”. There are about 20 members. One of them has a spelling mistake in his name. His surname is Cheeseman and I have spelt it Cheesman. I check in AD and sure enough the display name is spelt incorrectly. I make the correction and

it has no effect on SharePoint. I wait a while and still no change. Okay so I remove him from the cross site group and add him in again. SharePoint manages to remember the incorrect spelling and put that back. Do Microsoft really not know that Microsoft have written a directory? Oh well, I try again. This time I delete him from the cross site group and AD, wait a while and put him back in AD and then the cross site group. No Joy. Even though his name is now spelt correctly in AD, SharePoint insists on using the incorrect spelling. Oh well it’s the sort of thing I would expect from Microsoft so okay he will just have to have the wrong spelling. I try to add him again to the cross site group and it tells me I can’t because he is already there. Oops I thought I had deleted him. Let’s check the spelling…. No, he isn’t listed in the cross site group but when I try to add him it tells me he is already there. However, I can’t delete him because he isn’t there. Of course I wonder why SharePoint tells me he is there when he isn’t but I am used to this sort of thing from commercial software.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: Jan 24

Try deleting his profile and the next import should pick up the information from AD.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Cross site groups Or get search suggestion and latest updates.