Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Creating a web part to provide parameter values to the Reporting Services 2008 Report Viewer we

Asked By: Patrick    Date: Jun 28    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 3525

I have installed and configured Reporting Services 2008 in SharePoint integrated mode. I would like to create a web part to pass parameters to the Report viewer web part.

Can anyone give me a link to a description on how to do that?
I did find some useful tips but most of them do not seem to give clues in the same direction...
I thought I should inherit from Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.Communication.IRowProvider but there are 2 issues with that:

* it is marked Obsolete in my Visual Studio 2008 project
* I am not sure (and I could not find any information) whether the Report Viewer web part actually implements the IRowConsumer interface or any other.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Bahadur Kotoky     Answered On: Jun 28

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time finding info in this regard. In any case, the ReportViewer web  Part in SharePoint mode supports the IFilterValues interface. You custom web part  should implement this interface to supply parameters to the ReportViewer Web Part. In SharePoint Design UI it appears as the "Get Report Parameters From" option in the "Connections" menu that you can use to connect to your custom web part.

Additionally, we are working on documenting the supported Interfaces for the ReportViewer web part. Current plan is to do in the next / upcoming SQL Server 2008 R2 timeframe.