Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Creating Site Groups

Asked By: Chelsea    Date: Jun 30    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 637

I have a rather annoying problem. When I create a new site group this site group is automatically added to all the document libraries. If you want to use this for protecting one document library you need to remove all the other references from the other document libraries. Is there a way so that when you create a new site group this is not assigned to each document library.
Any suggestion is welcome.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Michelle White     Answered On: Jun 30

I don’t know of any way to break inheritance at the site  level to the web parts.

Answer #2    Answered By: Sheena Ray     Answered On: Jun 30

If I understand the question correctly, your site  has several lists and libraries. You want to create  a site group  that has access to only one of the libraries. You’d like to know the easiest way to create the group and deny access to all but one library. Is that correct?

When you create the new site group, give View Pages as the only site right. Do not give the group the View Items right. The group then has access to the site, but not to any lists or libraries. Then go into the one document  library where you want to give access, and change the permissions setting for that library  to give the group access.

This still breaks the permissions inheritance, so any further changes to the global site permissions after the fact will not be picked up by the one doc lib. But it will at least save you a few steps in your set up.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Creating Site Groups Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: