Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Creating Reports of SharePoint Lists in SSRS

Asked By: Hunter    Date: Mar 27    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2585

I have 3 SharePoint Lists from which I want to create some Reports in SSRS...

How can I go about creating a Data Source in SSRS which would reterive data from SharePoint List... or any other way to accomplist the task...

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Tonia Franco     Answered On: Mar 27

SSRS can source data  from XML Web Services, so if you wanted the most out of the box route, you could just connect SSRS to the Lists.asmx serviec and point it to the appropriate LIST and VIEW guids.

If you have some money in your budget and wanted to make your life easier you could look at third part tools like Enesys

Here's a good link of the Pros and Cons for the previous two approaches: wiki.threewill.com/display/enterprise/Reporting+on+List+Data+in+SharePoint

If you are using the latest and greatest (3.0) report building tools with SQL Server 2008 R2 then you can use the built in data source  extensions.

Answer #2    Answered By: Amareswar Karkera     Answered On: Mar 27

Here are some additional links for reference,
1) You can reference sharepoint  lists out of the box with SSRS, but performance might be an issue - vspug.com/.../
2) Silver light SmartTools charts smarttools.codeplex.com/wikipage
If you are not tied to SSRS you can also try,
1) Chart webpart - www.datasprings.com/.../...ePointChartWebPart.aspx
2) Google Charts - www.endusersharepoint.com/.../
3) Silver Light visifire charts: blogs.msdn.com/.../...g-with-custom-list-data.aspx

Answer #3    Answered By: Cheyenne Jacobson     Answered On: Mar 27

I agree with Jonathan and here are some additional links for reference,
1) You can reference sharepoint  lists out of the box with SSRS, but performance might be an issue - vspug.com/.../
2) Silver light SmartTools charts smarttools.codeplex.com/wikipage
If you are not tied to SSRS you can also try,
1) Chart webpart - www.datasprings.com/.../...ePointChartWebPart.aspx
2) Google Charts - www.endusersharepoint.com/.../
3) Silver Light visifire charts: blogs.msdn.com/.../...g-with-custom-list-data.aspx

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Creating Reports of SharePoint Lists in SSRS Or get search suggestion and latest updates.