Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Creating a Records Center on a seperate web application in a medium farm fails with "unknown er

Asked By: Margret    Date: Mar 01    Category: MOSS    Views: 1345

I installed MOSS 2007 Enterprise Edition on three tiers (WFE, Application server, DB) on Windows Server 2008 R2 without a hitch. I am using the same service account for my intranet SSP and all Web Applications below it. I am running just the Windows SharePoint Services Web Application on the WFE, all other services run on the Application Server. I created a Web Application called "records" and tried to create a Site Collection at that level with the Records Center template. It throws an error every time I try "unknown error". The Event Viewer error is shown below. Any thoughts?

Records Center Provisioning for http://<xxxxxxx> failed.

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ErrorWebPart' to type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart'.

at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.Internal.Utility.EnsureSetupWebPart(SPWeb web, SPList list, String strZoneId, Int32 nPartOrder)

at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.EnsureSetupDefaultAnnounceList(SPWeb web, String strEmailAlias, Boolean fUnique)

at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.EnsureSetupSubmittedRecordsList(SPWeb web)

at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Provision>b__0()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.Office.RecordsManagement.RecordsRepository.Setup.Provision(SPWeb web)

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Makayla Lewis     Answered On: Mar 01

What’s the version of your MOSS? If you haven’t installed  SP2, I suggest you install SP2 first and run post configuration wizard.

Then ensure that the Windows SharePoint Services web  Application service is started on the server which holds Central Administration and create a team site in the web application  which you created records  center before to see if it works well.

Did you create records center  as a new site collection or sub site? If you create it as a new site collection, ensure that you have enabled all the web application features in “Manage Web Application feature” in Central Administration. If you create it as a sub site, ensure that you have enabled standard site feature and the publishing feature in the site collection feature and site feature.

If the problem still exists, try to create a new web application and create the site collection using records center template with URL like http://servername:portnumber/sites/recordscenter to see if it works.

Tagged: