Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Creating Portal site (UNCLASSIFIED)

Asked By: Mack    Date: Jun 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 596

I had a similar issue. My portal creation kept failing most of the way through. I just bulled my way into it and kept trying until it finally took. I think I tried about ten times in a row. Once you are past the initial build, you shouldn’t have any problems. I know this isn’t a very technical way to get it done, but sometimes technology needs a swift kick in the butt.

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kareem Flynn     Answered On: Jun 10

Well my prob was initally build  does work pretty fast and it just stops at 99%..
Kick in the butt??? ... i surely would want to.. But i guess it utimately boils down to stuff which we have done  or missed out on installation or some permission stuff..

Answer #2    Answered By: Tyron Calderon     Answered On: Jun 10

I would have to agree with one of the prior comments. Either give it some extra time (patient method) or run it until it takes for you (brute force method). SPS install is relatively straight-forward so there shouldn’t  be much missed during it. Just hang in there…it should work for you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Creating Portal site (UNCLASSIFIED) Or get search suggestion and latest updates.