Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Create a webpart to display Peoplesoft Data?

Asked By: Benny    Date: Jun 05    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2366

Has anyone integrated their portal with Peoplesoft?
I'm curious about tinkering around with this concept, because we have some pretty valuable information in Peoplesoft 8.8, and it could be very useful if viewed in the portal.

I'm just learning.net. Do I "need" biz talk or can I just write a standard webpart?
Please share how you are makign this happen for your organization.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Guadalupe Bullock     Answered On: Jun 05

While looking for something somewhat related, I came across this article - www.crm2day.com/news/crm/EplVyuuppyWGmLyGNh.php - about a company called Business Objects – http://www.businessobjects.com/ - that recently introduced a product that integrates SharePoint with a variety of CRM systems.

If you are choosing between make or buy options, this might be something worth exploring.

I’m interested in this as well, so would you mind sharing with the list what route you end up taking?

Answer #2    Answered By: Nathanial Mcclure     Answered On: Jun 05

We haven’t had to integrate PeopleSoft, but we did do a large Siebel/SAP integration into SPS using custom web parts making calls to and from Web Services. I’m not entirely sure, but I believe that PeopleSoft 8.x exposes web services. If this is the case, then the integration is pretty easy as long as you make sure that your compiled web part resides in the GAC (or you decide to use a custom policy file). In either case, this is rather easy to do.

If you don’t want to go the custom web part route, then you could use an ASP.NET page to get the data  from the web service, return the data as text/xml and use a XML Web Part with a XSLT stylesheet to render the data from PeopleSoft.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Create a webpart to display Peoplesoft Data? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: