Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Create View: Can I use sysdate as a filter?

Asked By: Elton    Date: Jan 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 6455

I have a Due Date custom column in a document repository. I would like to create a view that shows the records which, in relation to today's date, are overdue. I tried to filter the view as: Show the items when column Due Date is less than sysdate. However, I got the error 'Filter value is not a supported date format'.

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Robby Barr     Answered On: Jan 13

You can use SharePoint Calculated column  to view  the overdue  dates.

Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me. Although this is true (somewhat), we can get around this by instead using a common approach of “fooling” the system to allow us to use the “Today” reference. To do this, we simply create  a new column called “Today” leaving all of its options as default. We can then proceed with our formula and not get the error  message.

Next, create a column called “OverDue”. Make it a “Calculated” type and paste in the below mentioned formula. Keep other settings default

=Today-[Due Date]

Now create a fileter on "OverDue" Column.

Answer #2    Answered By: Ryan W     Answered On: Jun 08

The oft repeated calculated column  Today trick does not work - it never did.

You don't even need to do it in this case as you CAN use [Today] in a filter! You just setup a view  with a filter  of

[Due Date]

is greater than or equal to

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Create View: Can I use sysdate as a filter? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.