MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Cannot create KPI to Excel Spreadsheet

Asked By: Kristin    Date: Apr 30    Category: MOSS    Views: 1552

I have a brand new SharePoint 2007 installation. I think that my installation or configuration may be faulty.

The first thing I am trying to do is to create a KPI from an Excel Spreadsheet. When I create the KPI, I can choose the sample spreadsheet out of the box but when I click the cell reference field I immediatley get an "invalid xml" error.

Has anyone encountered this before? How can I troubleshoot this?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Jaya Deoghar     Answered On: Apr 30

This has been resolved now. I had installed/re-installed multiple times and as a result the Shared Services Application Pool settings in IIS had been changed by something that had occurred behind the scenes. Once I had set the web garden maximum number of worker processes back to "1" from "4" then everything started working again.

Open the IIS Manager
Right mouse click on the SharedServices1 Application Pool (or whatever you named your SSP App Pool)
Click on the "Performance" tab
Cahnge the maximum number of worker process to 1 in the "Web Garden" section at the bottom

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Cannot create KPI to Excel Spreadsheet Or get search suggestion and latest updates.