MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

create a Irowprovider custom webpart using Visual Studio 2008

Asked By: Kyle    Date: Sep 23    Category: MOSS    Views: 1478

I'm not able to create a Irowprovider custom webpart using Visual Studio 2008, can any one please suggest me a perfect link.

I have gone thru MSDN site i tried to implement the given one but coud'nt able to follow the sequence.

I need to complete this ASAP it would be great from ur side if any one help me out..!

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Timothy Davis     Answered On: Sep 23

What was the problem in following the MSDN link? What kind of issues you are having? I hope you have a Sharepoint Dev environment (i.e. Sharepoint installed on your development environment where you are trying to create  this webpart).

Answer #2    Answered By: Adya Deshmane     Answered On: Sep 23

But by going wid this we can pass only single parameter rt, but in my case i need to pass three parameters i, from 3 dropdown list .

One more thing Irowprovider is a obselote to MOss 2007 so is thre any other interface we can implement this......if i'm going wrong any wre do let me know.

Answer #3    Answered By: Siobhan Waller     Answered On: Sep 23

I would like to keep this going on the forum so that others can be benefited by this, I hope that is fine.

You can try to leverage ASP.Net for that, meaning build the webparts using ASP.Net. Following thread should help you understanding the ICustomerProvider interface:

Answer #4    Answered By: Lorenzo Steele     Answered On: Sep 23

Thought of also sending these important article on connectionProvider attribute (in asp.net):

This article explains the concept very well: