Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Corporate branded theme as default for My Site

Asked By: Ervin    Date: Mar 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 824

Here is a requirement.

So far the users did not have the option to create My Site.

I have a corporate branded theme for My Site. Next week we will allow users to create My Site. Is it possible to make the corporate theme as the default one only for the My Site. So when a user creates My Site it will have the look and feel (both the private and public view) of the corporate theme NOT the OOB look and feel.

This is only for My Site not for any new Team Site.

If I create a new site definitions for My Site by making changes to SPSMSITE will it help.

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Tyron Calderon     Answered On: Mar 14

You can’t assign a theme  to be applied to a site  by default, as far as I know. Your only option  I believe is to edit the SPSMSITE site definition files or control all of your edits through modifications to the OWSPERS.CSS file (CSS file for My Sites).

Answer #2    Answered By: Irvin Foley     Answered On: Mar 14

Yes its working now.
I put the THEME.CSS of corporate  theme and put it in STYLES folder and renamed it to owspers.css, I can see the corporate look and feel  but other modifications are required too, settings of the pages is all jumbled. Now I'll have to compare the original owspers.css with the corporate owspers.css( modified version).

Answer #3    Answered By: Deonte Stein     Answered On: Mar 14

I would suggest keeping all the original OWSPERS.CSS code, and just adding yours to the bottom so it will override the necessary styles. Or, you can just do an import of the other three style sheets at the top of your modified OWSPERS.CSS since all it is by default  is a combination of the contents of OWS.css, MENU.css and SPS.css.

You can do the import like this:

@import url(ows.css);

@import url(sps.css);

@import url(menu.css);

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Corporate branded theme as default for My Site Or get search suggestion and latest updates.