Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Copy initial data from another list

Asked By: Patty    Date: Oct 10    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 1995

Is it possible to initially populate data in one table base on what the data is in another table at a point in time?

Table 1
Map - Key field
Jan - Count of pages in Map as of Jan 1
May - Count of pages in Map as of May 1
Sep - Count of pages in Map as of Sept 1
Current Count - Calculated field displaying most current month page count (Manually change which quarter is pointed to.)

Table 2
Map
Checkout - Data check out
Count - Map page count at time of checked out.

The current process is for the user to look at the Current Count in Table 1 then go and type in that number into the Count filed in Table 2. There can be multiple checkouts for a single Map throughout the year, but the count can be different depending on the timing. Once the number is entered it does not change.

Here's what I would like to do... When the user adds a new item, I would like to pull the current count from Table 1. BUT when Table 1 changes the current count value, I do NOT want the count value associated with Checkout to change.

Is this possible to do with out of the box Sharepoint?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Sirisha Reddimasi     Answered On: Oct 12

I am not sure but i think you can use connecting web parts and some scripting to do this. I am not very clear on your requirement. Please explain me in detail.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Copy initial data from another list Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: