Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Convert .docx to web page - "the converter cannot complete the task because an internal error o

Asked By: Deangelo    Date: May 02    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2276

I'm trying to convert docx files to webpages to be published in to a library elsewhere on our sharepoint site. At first I was having no problem, the files were converting, however more recent files have returned the error: the converter cannot complete the task because an internal error occurred

I've tried writing, uploading and converting a simple docx file, and this works which has led me to believe that the problem is something in the docx files that i'm trying to convert. So i tried using word07 to clean the documents up by clicking Office button>prepare>inspect document then removing all the metadata, custom xml etc from the files resave, upload and convert, but still no joy.

I'd simply rewrite the document but the problem is that there are a lot of them.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Linsey Bauer     Answered On: May 02

Embedded images do NOT cause the conversion to fail, though they will yield an error. There was indeed a converter  bug that had to do with lists where the numerals/bullets got removed manually that was fixed in SP2 (IIRC).

Tagged: