Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Content by query wp

Asked By: Jamie    Date: May 01    Category: MOSS    Views: 738

I have yet another question concerning MOSS 2007. I need to change the style of the content by query web part, basically I need to change the font style and size. I located the xsl style sheet but I can't locate where the classes are defined. Can anyone tell me what file I should be looking for?

Share: 

12 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: May 01

You found the XSL file in the /Style Library list… check the same list, just in a different directory:

/Style Library/en-us/Core Styles/Controls.css

Of course, if you’re working with a different culture, replace “en-us” with culture of the day.

Answer #2    Answered By: Peter Peterson     Answered On: May 01

OK I found the file, I made the CSS changes but when I try to save it I get an error that says "Server Error: Access Denied" I am an administrator on both the server and the SP site so what's the deal??

Answer #3    Answered By: Renee Murray     Answered On: May 01

Perhaps a service has the file open? I am not a programmer so I don’t touch these files, but I have seen the message on other files that I was trying to modify or replace.

Answer #4    Answered By: Harshini Raju     Answered On: May 01

Sounds like you aren’t trying to edit the file in SharePoint Designer…

The file is set to GhostableInLibrary, which means it doesn’t really exist in the list. That’s just a reference to the file on the file system. What you want to do is open the file in SharePoint Designer (SPD), make your changes, and save it back to the list. SPD, along with SharePoint, will know to now store a copy in the list and change its type.

Remember, this is just another SharePoint list that conforms to the same Publishing workflow the other content  lists in a Publishing Site leverage. So, the process is:

· Open the site in SharePoint Designer

· Check out the file

· Edit & Save

· Check in the file

· Publish

I just tested this to verify it works.

Answer #5    Answered By: Christop Mcfadden     Answered On: May 01

That's exactly what I did, the problem is when I get to the save step, I click save, SPD asks to confirm I confirm and then it says "Server Error: Access Denied."

I have done some further testing and SPD won't let me save any files even just to copy a default file.

I tried logging in as a different user and that didn't help either. I am stumped because I am working off a remote server and one of my colleagues has been working with the site in designer with no problem. And yes I did double check to make sure we weren't working on it at the same time.

Answer #6    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: May 01

This sounds like a contributor settings issue…

Have you both tried using the same account when you make the changes? Which version are you using? B2 or B2TR?

Can you compare your Contributor Settings to your colleague’s? (SharePoint Designer | Site -> Contributor Settings [once you have a site open]).

Answer #7    Answered By: Chantal Rosa     Answered On: May 01

Now explain to me why a SharePoint administrator (permissions that are supposed to be full control) does not have full control of files in designer and yet a Web Designer (supposed to be a step down from administrator) does have full control in SPD?? :) Does not make sense to me! :)

I need the 07 books now instead of in 07!

Answer #8    Answered By: Kyla Eckert     Answered On: May 01

I’m still pretty green on Contributor Settings in SPD… just know they’ve tripped me up in the past. Are you using B2 or B2TR?

And here is where you can see I’m being totally honest: I don’t know . Still trying to figure out some of the nuances with the permissions… honestly, I’m focusing more on the functionality and capabilities of the product at this time, then fighting through stuff like permissions later. Just have to divide and conquer.

I hear ya on the books… if it helps, the two that I was involved in are VERY close to being 100% complete… I understand the goal is to have them on the shelf in December.

Answer #9    Answered By: Alisha Holmes     Answered On: May 01

Well I thought it was the B2TR, however the guy who applied the 'patch' says he doesn't think he did Designer so it may be just B2. Who knows!

December is definitely better than April but of course this Tap project will be ancient history by then and meanwhile the Forms authentication doesn't work because the user has to be authenticated before they can access the login page in the _layouts directory, the site definition is a complete pain and Designer is evil. And did I mention that I was finally able to publish the CSS changes and it didn't modify what it was supposed to modify... so I am still swimming in CSS in search of the correct class.

Answer #10    Answered By: Damon Garner     Answered On: May 01

FBA doesn’t work? It most certainly does in B2TR.

I’ve got it working just fine in my B2TR environment. In fact, I’ve got a site that I’m working on at this very moment:

· http://extranet.ac = authenticate via Windows Auth

· http://internet.ac" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://internet.ac = authenticate via FBA

Both point to the same site… both are config’d for anonymous access. When I hit the http://internet.ac" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://internet.ac site, I get the site, but a “Sign In” link at the top that takes me to the _layouts/login.aspx page… all anonymous and unauthenticated. In fact, I’m working on some Web Parts right now that will allow login via forms based authentication, profile management (using profile properties specified in the web.config… just like a vanilla ASP.NET 2.0 site), log out, and a self user creation wizard (yes, I know Nick Swan already has a sample on his blog… I have different requirements). These will be used in lieu of the OOTB SharePoint user mgmt pages.

To check your version:

· SPD: Help -> About

o Look for the version number on the first line of the dialog… 12.0.4407.1003

o I ~think~ B2 was 4017 or something like that… 4407 = B2TR

· SharePoint: Site Actions -> Site Settings

o Look at the Version listed above all the Site Setting categories & links

o 12.0.0.4407 = B2TR

o 12.0.0.4017 (I think) = B2

Answer #11    Answered By: Percy Beach     Answered On: May 01

An article that walks through doing what I think you’re trying to do… maybe this helps?

www.andrewconnell.com/.../4953.aspx

Answer #12    Answered By: Mary Adams     Answered On: May 01

I haven't been working on the authentication, all I know is at the moment it's not working and the update was....

I have been struggling with implementing forms-based authentication for our TAP client’s extranet site. The very first time that I set this up, I had absolutely no difficulties at all. However, due to some limitations in the portal site template, I deleted the Web application and then re-created it. Ever since, I cannot get forms-based authentication to function correctly and instead get the ever-so-helpful “Page cannot be displayed” page.

After believing that this was somehow connected to the portal site template chosen for the application site collection, I attempted to create a custom portal site template (to contain a login.aspx page). While doing this, I observed (using the IIS logs) that the forms-based authentication re-directs are occurring correctly. However, the re-direct is coming from the “_layouts/login.aspx” page. So, it appears that non-authenticated users do not have access to this page and so the server is attempting to redirect them to the login page (“_layouts/login.aspx” again). So, in the end, the server sees this as an infinite loop and throws the “Page cannot be displayed” page. I have attempted adding <location> nodes to allow all users (“*”) access to the “_layouts/login.aspx” page but this has no effect.

It is running B2TR.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Content by query wp Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: