MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Content Deployment over the internet

Asked By: Shasta    Date: Feb 24    Category: MOSS    Views: 1063

my question is can we use content deployment feature (jobs,paths) of MOSS for deploying content from a MOSS authoring farm that is located within company intranet to deploy contents to a remote MOSS server (production farm) that is accesible via internet? The remote production server is accessible via the internet and I don't have physical access to it. however I am able to do remote desktop into the server. What are the limitations/restrictions/pre-requisites in this scenario?

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Georgia Barr     Answered On: Feb 24

Content deployment  uses a single destination port: The Central Administration port. This mean that you will have to expose Central Admin to Internet.

From the security point of view, it's not a good practice to do that.

But if you really want to do it, the only port you have to open in the firewall is the central administration port.

Answer #2    Answered By: Jessi Sweet     Answered On: Feb 24

As well as the concern Mario has alluded to, you will likely hit a problem with timeout and contention if you are not on a dedicated point to point connection. You have no guarantee of service levels when publishing over the internet  and you would need to think about ensuring SSL was enabled between the services to stop your publishing traffic being intercepted.

Answer #3    Answered By: Kelvin Mckinney     Answered On: Feb 24

Here is a link to customize content  deployement for a disconnect scenario  :

I think this is what you're looking for.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Content Deployment over the internet Or get search suggestion and latest updates.