Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Connecting to Oracle on 64bit OS

Asked By: Dennis    Date: Apr 27    Category: MOSS    Views: 1675

We have a 64-bit implementation of MOSS 2007. I recently installed the SharePoint SDK to use the Application Definition Designer to connect to Oracle. I enter the connection string and then I get this:

Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. The problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.

I have verified that the server contains the 64 bit version of the Oracle client installed both with the instantclient and with system.data.oracleclient.dll. The only thing I can think of is that the tool was compiled as a 32bit application. Is there a 64bit version available? Is there something else that I'm missing?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kaila Hahn     Answered On: Apr 27

I resolved this by installing the SDK on my local PC and then creating the ADF file there. I still have lots of issues connecting  to Oracle, but that's the subject of another post.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Connecting to Oracle on 64bit OS Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: