Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Conditional display of choice field in custom list

Asked By: Krista    Date: Jul 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 4939

The request is to create a custom list to be used as a signup sheet for upcoming meetings, with only two fields for the users to fill in; name and meeting time desired ... no problem, about 1 or 2 minutes and I'll be finished, right! Well, that's what I thought too until they said we are worried about too many people selecting one time slot so can we limit the number of people that choose each option ... and therein lies the opportunity

Whether I make a multiple choice (radio or dro-down) or have a lookup from another list there doesn't seem to be any way to "hide" the option once a maximum number of users have selected it. Even if I was a javascript writer (which I'm not) there is no way to add it to just that page bacause we cannot drag a CEWP onto the AllItems.aspx page ....
Has anyone encountered this and figured out a solution?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ariana Christensen     Answered On: Jul 24

That is one of the limitation of out of the box lists and how much you can customize custom  lists.

Might be overkill but I would create  a custom list  that keeps a count and then use an InfoPath form for the signup and do a lookup in InfoPath of the count for the meeting. If the meeting  isn't full then submit the form and have an event handler that updates the count for the meeting.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Conditional display of choice field in custom list Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: