Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Complete Disconnected Deployment

Asked By: Abhilasha    Date: Mar 31    Category: MOSS    Views: 1026

I have developed a Internet Publishing Site on MOSS2007 in a sandboxed virtual environment and it works great. All development is done, the pages are created and everything works fine there.

My next task is deploy the entire Site collection + content to another disconnected server.

My Site collection consists of:

- 1 Top level site and three sub sites
- Sevel custom lists and image libraries
- Several content types and columns
- One custom master page
- Several custom Page Layouts
- A few custom Web parts

I'm just looking at the best options for deploying the whole thing to the new server?

As they are disconnected is my only option to use the Content Migration API? If it is, will that deploy everything (such as page layouts, lists, content pages as well as the physical content in the respository)? Or do I need to do more than that.

I have Andrew Conells excellent book with samples on using the Content Migration API but want to check that there isn't any 3rd party tools or other non API ways to achieve this before I go down that route?

In essence - I want to pick up my entire "application" and place it on another server.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Mike Lamb     Answered On: Mar 31

The easiest way is to use the http://spdeploymentwizard.codeplex.com/ which makes use of the Migration API in disconnected  scenarios. Your features must be deployed before

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Complete Disconnected Deployment Or get search suggestion and latest updates.