Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Compile audince based on custom attribute

Asked By: Grace    Date: Feb 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 763

I have an AD property that I want to use as rule for a particular audience. This property is of type "string" and will contain, at a minimum, 1 four character number. It may in fact be more and if that is the case, each four character number will be seperated by commas. I want to apply a rule to include a user if this attribute falls within a certain range of values - is this possible? The operators for property do not include a range ...

The reason for using audiences in this case is to publish a URL for a new product, but in a phased approach, to the home page of the Portal (SPS 2003).

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Michelle White     Answered On: Feb 26

I have not tried what you are asking but here is the direction that I would attempt.

The custom  attribute with multiple entries is OK. I have used this with “contains” as an operator in the rule.

It is the range  of values  that presents the problem.

Can we add a custom attribute  that is essentially a lookup that evaluates the string  and returns a Boolean to be used to build the audience?

Answer #2    Answered By: Sheena Ray     Answered On: Feb 26

I never thought of that, but yes, that might just work. I'll give it a try and post my results.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Compile audince based on custom attribute Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: