Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

CMS - Website with Login Functionality

Asked By: Tessa    Date: Jun 16    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1614

I really hope somebody could help me. I have a requirement to build a public facing website using SharePoint. The site will contain a general area consisting of 5 pages which anybody can access. There is also a members section which users will be able to log into to view. I plan to use FBA to manage this.

How should I create the Site in Sharepoint to do this. At present I have a CMS Site on port 5111, I have then created a sub site called Members to store the members pages. I need help in understanding how to enable the FBA on the members site only. Have I set this up correctly? Should I have used two seperate sites within sharepoint, For Example Public site is 5111 and Members only is 5222 but setup with FBA?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Aastha Tatpatti     Answered On: Jun 16

You should enable FBA for the whole web application, including the whole site  collection. Then enable anonymous access  for the root site only.  users  will be able to access the root site without logging in, but when they try to access the subsite they will be prompted to authenticate.

here's a link on configuring FBA

Here's a link on configuring anonymous access

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on CMS - Website with Login Functionality Or get search suggestion and latest updates.