Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Client Extranet - Organizing SharePoint sites

Asked By: Sandy    Date: May 06    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1401

I am working on creating a client extranet for my company and need some help figuring out how I should organize such a site.

I am thinking about using the Extranet Collaboration Toolkit as it would already offer way to maintain client user accounts using ADAM, while still letting the internal employees to login using their AD accounts.

The questions I have is, should I create a site collection for each client? The issue I have with that is, we may have multiple projects for the same client and would not want users from one project to access the site for other projects. However in some cases a user may be part of mutliple projects and should be able to access the other projects.

I am hoping on coming up with a solution that would allow me to redirect the user once logged in to the main client page (landing page) and give them a list of projects they have access to. In cases of a client having only one project, maybe redirecting the user to the project site.

A site layout may look like this:

Client 1:
Project 1

Client 2:
Project 1
Project 2

Client 3:
(no projects)

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Lynsey Carver     Answered On: May 06

To me your issues sounds like it is with respect to links that are displayed for navigation. If I had got it right then the possible solution  (as I think) is use of Target Audience feature of Sharepoint which helps in managing these links.
If the problem still persist then in that case og for some custom coding which manipulates the Navigation links using Navigation API's of SharePoint.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Client Extranet - Organizing SharePoint sites Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: