Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Changing access to sub-sites only

Asked By: Karen    Date: Aug 18    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 874

This is WSS. No SPS in the mix at all. Non-domain.

One of my clients is using WSS to enable a number of associates to enter information for them.

When we set the system up it wasn't considered a problem that one associate could see that another company was also an associate of my client. However, things move on......

I have set access up by entering all users on the top level site and then adding them to a cross-site group. The cross-site group is then used to give them access to their specific sub-site. This means that from the top-level site they can see the links to other sub-sites, but not access them.

However we now need to remove their access to the top-level site so that they can only access their sub-site. However they are users on the top level site, so moving them to their specific sub-site AFAICT is not a trivial matter. The only possibility that I can see is to remove their individual access to the top-level site, but still give their cross-site group access to the sub-site. Is this the best way forward or are the better alternatives?

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Changing access to sub-sites only Or get search suggestion and latest updates.