Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Change Order Of Folders In Document Lib

Asked By: Enrique    Date: Jul 31    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 6491

Can anyone let me know how to change the order of folders in doc lib.

I know there is an option where you can change the view but there it can be changed by one of the attributes example created time.

How do i do it in a random basis.

Share: 

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Clayton Berry     Answered On: Jul 31

Click on the column header?????????

Answer #2    Answered By: Larry Gonzales     Answered On: Jul 31

As i understand what you asked me to do was click on Name if i want to sort by name.

Click on type if i want to sort by type.

If yes this is not the solution i am looking for.

I guess i have to clarify in more detail.

My requirement is to change  the order  of the folders  similar to the change order option  available in link list.

Is this possible.

The issue on my end is i have created  a doc lib  with folders based on user request but he wants the folders in a specific order.

I tried creating a seperate view  and tried sorting on all the options available but this did not match the order given by user.

Is there any way i can do this else i will have to delete the folders and recreate them in a specific order and sort by create date.

But the issue is if the user decides to add a folder later and says he wants it in position x in the doc  lib then i have to delete everything and re create.

Any ideas....

Answer #3    Answered By: Lamont Tran     Answered On: Jul 31

I don't know of any way to sequence folders  as you require. Can you name
the folders with a prefix that puts them into the desired sequence?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Change Order Of Folders In Document Lib Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: