Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Change Document Library Path

Asked By: Marques    Date: Aug 12    Category: MOSS    Views: 1788

First of all, my appologies if my question should be complete rubbish. I'm completely new at the whole Sharepoint thing, but I have a question concerning the Document Libraries. I hope you have the patience to help a beginner

When I use the standard installation of Sharepoint 2007 there is a standard document library created with the path http://myserver:80/Docs/.../ Out of my reasearch I figured out, that I can access the document root folder via the UNC path after enabling the WebClient service on my server. But my question is: where are all these files stored on the local machine and is it possible to change the current path to a different one?

Unfortunately Google couldn't help me in this manner.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Cassie Snyder     Answered On: Aug 12

So I think you're saying that your content database is on the same server as your sharepoint  installation.

If the place where the content database is installed will have insufficient storage space in the future you have the options of moving the content database to another server, or to a virtual server on another partition on the server.

It's not just a trivial task to change  some configuration and have your content written to another partition.

I dug up some guidance on moving Content databases below, which I hope will help  you.

blogs.msdn.com/.../...new-sql-server-instance.aspx

www.keirgordon.com/.../...nt-content-database.html

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Change Document Library Path Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: