Sharepoint 2010 Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint 2010       RSS Feeds

Chained Workflows in 2010

Asked By: Michael    Date: Nov 16    Category: Sharepoint 2010    Views: 1685

This is my first post, so excuse me if that has been previously answered.

I am trying to create a declarative workflow to attach to a document library. Basically, we have a central librarian who does an initial approval. Based on a field that denotes the "department" of the document, we wish the document to be forwarded for approval by the department head before being checked into the library.

I found a method of solving this that involves two workflows and an additional list. Basically, the librarian approving the document would update a hidden list, a list created just to trigger a second workflow. The solution I found on the web goes through the process of showing you how to do this using the GUID field in SharePoint 2007 (for the item, the document itself). I'm not sure, but it appears that there is no direct GUID field for items in SharePoint 2010.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there an easy way to create this relatively simple workflow declaratively? I'm trying to avoid having to do this in Visual Studio 2010. Thanks very much in advance.

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Chained Workflows in 2010 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.