Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Calculated field for weekday not correct

Asked By: Teresa    Date: Sep 15    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 11174

We use a calendar on Sharpeoint to track events. These events can be all day events that may start at 12:00 am on Thursday and go until 11:59 pm on Friday. I put in a calculated field based on start time so it displays the day of week the event starts along with start time of the event in a list.
This is the calculation I'm using =TEXT(WEEKDAY(([Start Time])),"ddd") It works great if the start time is after 12:01 am. If it is 12:00 am, it displays the day prior. For example Start time of 9/17/10 at 12:00 am will display the day as Thursday.

Anyone know how to correct this?

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vladi Gubler     Answered On: Sep 28

Just a thought - why don't you just add one minute to the time  value before getting the weekday value? You can probably find a way to do that in the same calculated  field

Answer #2    Answered By: Teresa Farns     Answered On: Sep 28

I tried adding a minute and an hour to the start  time but cannot get it to work. The person entering events  is just putting all day  events in as 12:01 am to 11:59 pm. Was hoping to get away from that but not having much luck.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Calculated field for weekday not correct Or get search suggestion and latest updates.