Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Business Data List Menu Questions

Asked By: Tabatha    Date: Aug 31    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 937

I've got two questions relating to the business data list. I took a look at the following article which seems to indicate this can happen, but I wasn't clear on how:

sharepointmagazine.net/.../everything-you-need-to-know-about-bdc-part-4-of-8

First, in the section where it discusses the Business Data Actions, at one point it says “Incidentally, you can also access these actions by clicking the View Profile context menu as shown here”, but I have yet to be able to get said context menu to appear in the data list. I setup my BDC connection, have the data list displaying data, connected it to the actions webpart which shows the available actions, but there seems to be no context menu. No dice here.

Second, in the Business Data List Advanced Settings section, it mentions “Keep in mind that the XSL contains not only the HTML results, it also contains the HTML for the selection criteria, the Actions toolbar, and the column headers.” I am wanting to add options in the mentioned Actions toolbar, but I don’t seem to understand how to do so at this point.

Hopefully someone in this community can shed some light. If I come across the answer, I'll be sure to update.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ramona Solis     Answered On: Aug 31

lets get the first issue solved first.
Did you select a Title column  for your Entity? If you haven't then you can pick a column by putting the page in edit mode, and clicking  the edit view  link within the web part. From the page that opens you can pick the radio button for which column you want to have the drop down against

Answer #2    Answered By: Harvey Blankenship     Answered On: Aug 31

If you create an Action with no ActionParameters then it should show where you want...

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Business Data List Menu Questions Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: