Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Business Analysis

Asked By: Travon    Date: Jun 17    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1370

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about using web part with variations? For example I have created my English page and published it. This created a varition for my Dutch page. (On my English page I am using both customized and OOB Content Editor web parts.) On my Dutch page I made the translations for both the body text and in the web parts and then published the page in Dutch. I then made a change to the English page and published which, then of course overroad my view as a content editor to the English version. (We are not using content deployment jobs on this publishing site once an item is approved it is available to public audiance. ) I go to the version history to try restore the pervious version published in Dutch as a content editor to make the same change that I made in English in the varation language - It did restore the body text but does not restore the web parts which were translated - Is there a setting that can correct this issue or is the a limitation to the sharepoint site?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Aakash Gavade     Answered On: Jun 17

The behaviour you're seeing is to be expected I'm afraid. In MOSS 2007 web  parts do not store a version  history of their content, whereas Page Fields do. It is recommended that you don't use CEWP with Variations for this reason. There isn't a setting  you can tweak I'm afraid, this is how it works. content  should be put in Page Fields.

One piece of good news I can offer is that in SharePoint 2010 there will be some versioning of content for CEWP.

Moderator Addition: Follow-ups on SharePoint 2010 should go to a SharePoint 2010 forum and NOT HERE.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Business Analysis Or get search suggestion and latest updates.