Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Bulk Printing

Asked By: Jameson    Date: Sep 13    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 10626

I was doing a demo yesterday for a client where we recently implemented SharePoint, and, lo and behold, they asked a question that I did not know the answer to.

They wanted to know if there was a way to bulk-print all of the documents in a document library. I’ve since been told that if you open a regular file folder, select multiple documents, and right-click, you do indeed have an option to print. When doing this, it will open the documents one-by-one in their respective applications, print them out, and close them.

Going along those lines, I thought perhaps a similar option would be available when accessing SharePoint files via the network folders. However, no print option exists when right-clicking multiple selected documents in the network folder.

I suppose as a back-door approach, they could copy the files from the SharePoint network folder to somewhere on their desktop, and then bulk print from their desktop. But this seems like an unnecessary extra step, not to mention that they then have an extra copy of all the documents on their desktop.

Has anyone ever faced a bulk-print request before, and, if so, how have you handled it?

Share: 

4 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Daron Oneill     Answered On: Sep 13

nope on bulk  priniting

as for a network  drive , make the sharePoint site a Network Place

Answer #2    Answered By: M Juarez     Answered On: Sep 13

You can access the document  Library using a UNC path, which will allow you to do the bulk  printing. You can do this either through Network Places or by typing the UNC path into the address bar.

example:
Browser path: http://myserver/doclib
UNC Path: \\myserver\doclib

Answer #3    Answered By: Marty Mcdowell     Answered On: Sep 13

I just went to one of my document  libraries, went to explorer view, selected  four excel documents, right-clicked, answered “yes” to the “running a command might kill you” prompt, and “print” was one of the options.

I didn’t actually try to print, but I saw the option  but you say you do not.

First I tried it with explorer view and then secondly I tried it with \\server\sites\sitename\doclib\ and it worked there too

This was with SPS SP1 on the server and Windows XP SP2 as the client.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Bulk Printing Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: