MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Branding 2007 vs 2003?

Asked By: Chelsea    Date: Jul 06    Category: MOSS    Views: 664

Throught my trials the past several weeks, I've discovered two things:

1) Finding a realistic way to modify the AlternateHeader value to apply changes to different ASPX files is seemingly impossible. If anyone can provide clear instructions how to do this, though, I'd be grateful!

2) I really don't want to modify all of the seperate ASPX files in the 1033 structure.

In order to save any remnants of my sanity, I've decided to try and experiment with branding a 2007 beta2 TR install. Can anyone provide an idea of how the two differ in terms of difficulty? I know about Master Pages from a conceptual level, but as I am a beginner in HTML and CSS, most of my work has been shamelessly copied from other people. Any good guides on 2007 branding out yet?

5 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Joshuah Huber     Answered On: Jul 06

Liam Cleary has written a nice 7 part series on MOSS 2007 Look and

I haven't read through all of it yet, but it looks promising.

Answer #2    Answered By: Laura Walker     Answered On: Jul 06

Just so everyone knows I should be publishing some more to the list below. I have recently been working on porting the corporate website over to MOSS2007 as a test so hopefully might be useful. You can also check out Shane Perran’s blog here: http://www.graphicalwonder.com/

Answer #3    Answered By: Keenan Whitehead     Answered On: Jul 06

Branding in 2007 is much improved over 2003. For one, the introduction of ASP.NET 2.0’s master pages in 2007 is huge. You shouldn’t have to modify everything anymore because you should be able to manage the UI using master pages along with CSS.

Answer #4    Answered By: Gopal Jamakhandi     Answered On: Jul 06

Does the Master Page layout used in 2007 apply to the WSSv3 page layout as well? Also, is it pretty easy to apply the same changes implemented at the Portal level to a WSSv3 site in order to maintain a consistent look and feel?

Answer #5    Answered By: Dameon Dejesus     Answered On: Jul 06

For the most part, yes. The master page implementation is part of WSS v3. Now, there is some special stuff that the Publishing Feature adds to a site collection which it has been activated for. Check the WSS v3 SDK for more info.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Branding 2007 vs 2003? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.