Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

BDC Usage Question

Asked By: Noemi    Date: Oct 04    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 808

I'm looking to identify the best method of linking 2 SharePoint libraries. The libraries hold different data but contain a common key field. Ideally I'd like to be able to link the primary table to the foreign key table, so that I can filter/group etc on fields located in the foreign key table. I was wondering about the use of the Business Data Catalog, and inserting a Business Data Column into the primary library which is linked to the second table.

Can anyone tell me if this is a viable option, i.e. can it be done, failing that any suggestions are welcome as to how I might be able to achieve this.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Vaasu Radhakrishna     Answered On: Oct 04

The Business data  Catalog is not what you need here, the BDC is designed for external Line-of-Business Systems as data sources rather than SharePoint lists.

Are the two libraries  on the Web? Can you not just use a connection between the two list web parts and pass your Identifier?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC Usage Question Or get search suggestion and latest updates.