Logo 
Search:

MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

BDC system resources

Asked By: Faith    Date: Sep 12    Category: MOSS    Views: 699

I have some basic questions about the impact of implementing a BDC solution on a small Sharepoint farm.

We have a two-server farm, MOSS 2007 WFE and SQL Server back-end database. 32-bit architecture. Numerous web apps. We're considering using the BDC to connect to multiple Line-of-Business databases, indexing that data for search from SharePoint. If we're talking about 5 databases, with perhaps 30 - 40 million records total, will this bring the farm down? How much additional resources will we need to plan for? How much space, how much processing power? Are we talking about one more server? Several more?

Can someone point me to a White Paper, or resource where I might be able to research this sort of information?

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Emerson Franks     Answered On: Sep 12

I haven’t seen the official document about this part.
However, in my opinion, if your BDC will have lots of data, you’d better adding an independent application server in your farm. In other words, if only your farm  is involved with amounts of data, you have to extend your application server ability.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC system resources Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: