Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

BDC Related List Web Part works but returns an Error at the bottom

Asked By: Arturo    Date: Mar 24    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1054

I've got an application definition that surfaces SQL Server tables in a parent/child relationship.

I've got the main parent list displayed on one page with a BDC List web part. - this works
I've got an action defined on the parent entity that brings up another page and passes the itemID in the url - works

on the second page:
I've got the Business Data Item Builder web part that pulls the url and passes it to a Data Item web part - works
I've got a Related Data List that pulls from the Business Data Item builder and brings all child objects that have a parent id that matches the item that is pulled from the Business Data Item Builder - this displays all the related items, but then has the following error at the bottom of the part: An error occurred while retrieving data from TapRoot_Rpt_Instance. Administrators, see the server log for more information.
After checking the log I get this error:

08/10/2009 15:10:57.64 w3wp.exe (0x1DA0) 0x1A94 SharePoint Portal Server Business Data 8u7q Exception System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.BusinessDataListWebPart.AddFilterTableRows() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.BusinessDataListWebPart.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Georgia Barr     Answered On: Mar 24

Sounds like there's a problem with your Association. I would look at the method that does the asociation and the association itself.
The error  indicates its trying to run the association method with a bad foreign key. Maybe this is an orphaned record?