Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

BDC Profile Link displays a blank page

Asked By: Cleveland    Date: Aug 07    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1216

Has anyone ran across this before?

I've created a BDC application, added a Business Data column to a list and populated it. When I click on the link for the Business Data column in the populated list I am redirected to a page called ProfileRedirect.aspx. However I just sit on the blank page without actually getting to the profile page for the entity.

I can click the drop down and select View Profile but cannot click the link on the column itself.

Any Ideas?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Brandan Roach     Answered On: Aug 07

I managed to solve the issue using the workaround as described below. Microsoft has acknowledged this as a bug, unfortunately it is is currently set as "won't fix at this time". A KB article is supposed to come out some time describing this issue and possible workarounds. I was given a KB number of 950373, but haven't seen the article yet.

Recreate the profile  page inside the site collection you wish to use.
Update the profile link  on the shared services admin site to point to the new profile page. (This must be done each time the BDC application  is updated)

The works around the problem but obviously only works if you have one site collection on the farm that is using the BDC application.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC Profile Link displays a blank page Or get search suggestion and latest updates.