Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

BDC Lists and server-side pagination

Asked By: Harshad    Date: Jan 31    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1425

I have a problem with the Business List WebPart. I've configured list it as said in social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../45693197-28e0-426a-b694-274397e661d4, and it works, but it is very slow. The problem is that I have a lot of items (although page size is low). I think it gets all items ignoring page size, so it takes a lot of time to update data. Is it true? and if so, how can I apply the pagination in the server, so the query itself returns only the items necessary in current page?

If it is not possible, how can I do to override the query method and the method launched when pressed "<" or ">" to apply the pagination manually?

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gail Richmond     Answered On: Jan 31

the best thing to do is add a Filter to your Entity so to limit the number of items  being returned to the list  web part. If you return 1000 items will your users really page  through all 1000 to find what they want? Returning 1000 items isn't very efficient for the backend datasource or your users.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC Lists and server-side pagination Or get search suggestion and latest updates.