Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

bdc insert, delete and update

Asked By: Brandon    Date: Aug 26    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1652

I have created a custom web part to retrieve the information. it shows the information that I need. If I want the user has the ablility to update or insert new data. Do I use bdc? The custom web part (.net code) is using the sql server on another data server.

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Brinda Bca     Answered On: Aug 26

BDC is used for surfacing data  from LOB systems to SharePoint, By using BDC combined with BDC webparts allows you to deploy no code  solutions, in your case since you have gone custom  webpart route there is really no need to use BDC unless you are doing some customized rendering in your webpart but want to leverage BDC so your custom code doesn't need to manage connections, provide Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete functionality etc. The other thing you probably should know is although write backs to LOB systems are supported its not quite straightforward, there are some tools out there that helps with creating BDC app def files, MS ships a free editor with SDK, you can also purchase BDC metaman which has lot more functionality than free tool offers.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on bdc insert, delete and update Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: