Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

BDC Group By combo not working, why?

Asked By: Edward    Date: Aug 11    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1185

I have this BDC list view of data. I opened the form AllItems.aspx inside of Designer 2007 and added some grouping and a Group By combo box. For those of you who don't know how to add grouping, you can do this by clicking on the BDC webpart and then click on the little arrow box in the corner. There should be a list that pops up with links like Filter, Sort and Group, Paging, etc. Click on the Data View Properties at the bottom of the list, then in the first tab you will see a checkbox called Show toolbar with options for, click that, then the Group checkbox. Click OK. This will put a combobox above the column headers in the BDC list view. Now here comes the problem for me. You will have the option of None which is suppose to ungroup everything, then the other options are grouping by the fields you chose in the list (in Designer 2007). For some reason when I select None to ungroup everything, the page refreshes and nothing changes. Also, the combobox value never changes, it's always the first value in the list. Has anyone had this problem yet ? if so, have you figured out a fix or workaround ?

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC Group By combo not working, why? Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: