MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

BDC entity action url + Moss variations

Asked By: Zoe    Date: Oct 16    Category: MOSS    Views: 999

I have MOSS site which utilises variations to achieve localization. I have BDC application definition which has actions defined for each entity.

How can I have BDC Business Data List webpart in Moss which would have an action url relative to the current variation? If there was LocalizedURLs collection the same way there is LocalizedNames or some kind of URL token which one could use (for example ~Variations) this would be easy, but very little information seems to available to this subject..

I assume that building an custom ExpressionBuilder could be one way of solving this kind of problem but I can't help to think that there must be some built in way to handle BDC urls in variations sites.

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Gretchen Stokes     Answered On: Oct 16

Ok.. I've answer this myself after I found very easy  solution.

One possibility is implementing custom  VirtualPathProvider and assigning it to the web application. VirtualPathProvider would then replace custom url  token with the needed string.

In this case the used solution was even simpler:

I just replaced the original url which started like
with relative  path

The relative path then points to the right variation  subsite. Other problem  might be the InfoPath URLs source parameter which should point to the source page, because source library name depends on the culture, but thats a different story.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC entity action url + Moss variations Or get search suggestion and latest updates.