Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

BDC Connection problem with IBM ISeries OLE DB Provider

Asked By: Kimberlee    Date: May 09    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2505

since 2 weeks I'm trying to use data from our legacy IBM ISeries server via BDC in Sharepoint and I already came quite far ... but now I'm facing the following problem.

After I sucessfully created my application definition file and imported to the Shared Services Provider I use a business data list webpart to display and when it's trying to connect I receive "Unable to connect to {MyInstance}".

In the log-file I find:

08/22/2009 23:06:40.66 w3wp.exe (0x0990), 0x04BC SharePoint Portal Server, Business Data, 0,

Critical Could not open connection using 'provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;data source=A2241AS2;password=****;user id=einfalts;initial catalog=A2241AS2;default collection=AASDTESP;integrated security=False;persist security info=false' in App Domain '/LM/W3SVC/1753196830/Root-1-128954486970287400'. The full exception text is: Fehler bei einem aus mehreren Schritten bestehenden OLE DB-Vorgang. Prüfen Sie die einzelnen OLE DB-Statuswerte, falls vorhanden. Daten wurden nicht verarbeitet . (In English: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. )

So basically that is not too surprising because of the fact that the OLE DB Provider that I'm using DOESN'T support the parameters "Integrated Security" and "Persist Security Info" and I also do not have to use them when I'm creating my app-def-file with the MOSS BDC Design Studio.

So I googled the problem and found that this problem can relate to a missing registry key for the data provider. Here's microsofts suggestion:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269495/EN-US/

I inserted the OLEDB_SERVICES registry keys .... but UNFORTUNATLY THIS DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING ...

I cannot find any other hints ... can someone help ?

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Tanisha Rowe     Answered On: May 09

not with the OLE DB driver but with the ISeries Access Driver for ODBC. In the meanwhile I also created  a SQL-linked server. That way it was working as well ... but now I don't have to worry about the continuous actualization of the linked server  and also this would mean redundant data  storage ..

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on BDC Connection problem with IBM ISeries OLE DB Provider Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: