Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Baffled by sudden SP dysfunction

Asked By: Sarah    Date: Sep 08    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 10141

My organization uses Sharepoint 2003, MS office 2007, and either IE6 or IE7. Everything was working fine and then abruptly I'm seeing multiple problems with all of my sharepoint sites - problems that other team members are not having:

> cannot open subfolders in document libraries in the "all documents" view
> cannot see any content in document libraries in the "explorer" view
> if I select a document, the dropdown menu that allows checkout never appears.
> If I click the document to try to open it directly, I get a message that "The file you are downloading cannot be opened by the default program. It is either corrupted or has an incorrect file type". It will allow me to save the file to my hard drive - at which point the file opens just fine.
> the "modify shared web page" link doesn't respond when I click it.
> "Help" doesn't open when I click it. The other top menu items (Home, Documents and Lists, Creste, site settings) all work appropriately
> unable to expand/collapse sections

I appear to be able to check out and open a document using firefox instead of IE, but that file opens as read-only so I cannot save changes back to the original file.

Is there some sort of browser or computer-related setting that might explain all of these odd problems?

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Baffled by sudden SP dysfunction Or get search suggestion and latest updates.