Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Automatic transfer of documents within libraries

Asked By: Juana    Date: May 12    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2027

I am currently working on restructuring my company sharepoint site. I have created a development site in which all the non-approved documents are stored.Once the documents are approved I want to send them to a public document library.

Now is there any functionality in sharepoint which automatically sends the document to a new library once approved without manually sending it. I work on loads of documents from drafts to approval and manually sending it to the public library for viewing takes a lot of time.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Ramona Solis     Answered On: May 12

Read up on workflows. This is fairly easy to accomplish in sharepoint  designer.

office.microsoft.com/.../HA101005871033.aspx

Answer #2    Answered By: Harvey Blankenship     Answered On: May 12

Alternatively, another method is an "Item Updated" event handler which would work.

This would run every time  a document  is updated and you could set it so that the code looked to see if the document had been approved  and if so your code can copy it to the library.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Automatic transfer of documents within libraries Or get search suggestion and latest updates.