MOSS Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MOSS       RSS Feeds

Can you automate the "Convert Document" - "From Word Document to Web Page"?

Asked By: Deepak    Date: Aug 03    Category: MOSS    Views: 2614

Just a quick question - I'm running MOSS 2007 on a dev server at the moment and am expecting to upgrade to it within a couple of months. Today I've come across the bit where you can convert word documents to web pages. I like it!

What I wanted to know is - is there a way I can automate this process? For example, any document landing in a specific document library automatically gets converted to a web page using some default settings. Or do I have to go to the library and click the link every time? I like the idea of letting the Comms team save their press releases to a document library and then not have to do anything else appeals to me.

Also - and I think I know the answer to this one is yes - do these have to be docx?

3 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Kacy Bright     Answered On: Aug 03

Microsoft published a code sample with this article msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb897921.aspx

Document Converters are fully extensible, so you can write your own converter to convert  whatever you want. A simple sample to convert various formats to pdf is here www.codeplex.com/.../ProjectReleases.aspx

Rai Umair published some lessons learned from his document  Converter experiences here raiumair.wordpress.com/.../

This might also interest you blogs.msdn.com/.../...to-sharepoint-web-pages.aspx