Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Author listed in search results

Asked By: Reynaldo    Date: Sep 20    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 672

We are using the portal content search feature to crawl individual list items. One peculiarity that I am noticing is that the search results display inaccuracies with the author of list items. I am curious as to whether or not this is a known bug.

I dug a little deeper, and it seems that the inconsistency has to do with the author of any documents that are attached to the list item.

For example, our admin Helen is tracking job candidates in a custom list called recruiting. When she receives a resume or any other communication from a candidate, she attaches the resume to the list item and saves it. In one such example, a candidate named Eric is the author of the resume (as shown in the properties section of the resume Word doc itself).

So when I do a portal search for something that would include this list item, the search results return a link to the list item itself, with the list item’s title. However, the author that is displayed in the search results is not Helen as you might expect to see. Instead, it shows Eric as the author.

Share: 

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Author listed in search results Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: