Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Audience members and Security Groups HELP!

Asked By: Dominic    Date: May 10    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1395

I added several Active Directory Security Groups, and then added several uses to them. Now when I try to add a Sharepoint Audience, I am unable to pick up the Security Groups that were added, any advice would be appreciated.

Share: 

2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Norman Santos     Answered On: May 10

OK I got the Security groups  to add as audiences, had to leave off the domain bit (Domain\Group1 to just Group1), but now after I compile the audience  it shows no members  even though I added two users to Group1 in the Active Directory!!! Confused... is there something special to do to get the members to show up?

Answer #2    Answered By: Walter Stone     Answered On: May 10

I think you have to use the domain\group name format. If you are already using this format try it without the domain.
I have noticed that when I use security  groups in different domain (than mine, as a user), I have to use the domain\group name format. If the security group is in my domain then just the group name works fine.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Audience members and Security Groups HELP! Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: