Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

ASP.NET 2.0 Async Web Parts in WSS v3

Asked By: Eddy    Date: Jan 08    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 2020

I’m trying to get async Web Parts to work in WSS v3… these are ASP.NET 2.0 Web parts (deriving from System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart, not the WSS v3 WebPart class). For an ASP.NET 2.0 async Web Part to work, (1) the ASPX page its in must have its Async attribute set to TRUE in the page directive and (2) async calls must be initiated BEFORE the OnPreRenderComplete method is called.

My Web Part makes three calls to a Web Service (the same WS). All the Web Service does is get the current time, pause the thread for 2 seconds, gets another current timestamp, and returns a string of the timeline (see the SyncWSRequestWebPart in the screenshot below… the WS returns the text after the “Call # results:”

I’ve created a ASP.NET 2.0 Web Part that’s been successfully imported & added to a WSS v3 site. Then I added code to check the Page.IsAsync property and write the results… rebuild, redeploy assembly and I see the text stating it’s in sync mode

So… this means that WSS v3 pages don’t support async ASP.NET 2.0 WP’s OOTB? Is that true or am I missing something?

No Answers Found. Be the First, To Post Answer.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on ASP.NET 2.0 Async Web Parts in WSS v3 Or get search suggestion and latest updates.