Logo 
Search:

Sharepoint Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » Sharepoint       RSS Feeds

Archiving pages in sharepoint

Asked By: Nilay    Date: Jun 14    Category: Sharepoint    Views: 1787

The pages in one of the our publishing site are around 1500. So it’s showing effect on search crawling index and sometimes throwing an error like System out of memory (usually in full crawl). Our ram size is 8gb for index server. Is there any method for archive the pages in page document library. And the important thing is the data must be handy, so the archival process should accommodate ability to retrieve the archived content quickly. pls suggest me.

I tried out by configuring record center for the application, but i can't see send to option for pages in pages document library. I see only for documents like (word,excel,ppt,etc..).

Share: 

1 Answer Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Carlton Sandoval     Answered On: Jun 14

You could try using Record Center Template. Exclude the Record Center site  from Search Crawl.

Ideally create a new site collection with its own DB and have RC site created in new Site Collection.

Configure the Send To option in Central admin for Record Center. The copies the document to RC - not move. For move you may need a custom action.

This question should be in content management and not in InfoPath ...

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on Archiving pages in sharepoint Or get search suggestion and latest updates.

Tagged: